Dec 18, 2019
Wondering how Facebook Groups could help missionaries? Or how
spiritual formation can help build community. Listen as Eric Nevins
shares what he's learned when building the Christian Podcasters
Full Episode Notes: http://engagingmissions.com/275
Facebook Groups can be a distraction or a powerful tool.
Join us as Eric Nevins, founder of the Christian Podcasters
Association on Facebook shares his insights into community
building, spiritual practices, spiritual formation, and more.
You'll discover how God has uniquely shaped him to be the host of
the Halfway There podcast and
the leader of this group and what God's doing in him now.
Whether you want to start an online community, contribute more
powerfully, or turn a distraction into ministry and growth, you'll
learn something from what Eric has to say.
What We Talked About
- 00:24 - Episode Overview
- 00:57 - Publishing Schedule Changes
- 01:49 - Introducing Eric Nevins
- 02:22 - The value of having an online community
- 03:31 - What led to the shift in your thinking?
- 03:57 - What have your learned in building community?
- 05:32 - What kinds of questions should you ask?
- 06:41 - What happens when you form a healthy online
- 07:44 - How do you set the tone for the group?
- 09:15 - What do you need to think through before starting a
- 11:41 - What do you do to help develop a sense of community
ownership throughout the group?
- 13:08 - How do you stay engaged without getting sucked into the
social media black hole?
- 14:32 - How has your interest in spiritual formation helped
prepare you for leading this group?
- 16:47 - How does that change what you do?
- 17:43 - How does understanding the transition points in the
lives of others help us understand our own journeys?
- 18:58 - What would you hope to see in the future because of
what you're doing?
- 21:34 - Let's talk about spiritual practices?
- 22:52 - How can we best pray for you?
- 24:57 - Huge thanks to Eric
- 25:24 - Changes to the publishing calendar.
- 25:43 - Make sure you don't miss it. Subscribe today!
Resources & Contact Info